Detoxifying our bodies is relatively common practice these days; we see it daily with the rising trends in juicing and other natural health products. Detoxification is essential as it helps to rid your body of impurities and eliminate waste. The primary way your body does this is through sweat. If your system becomes overwhelmed, you may develop skin may develop issues while trying to get rid of these impurities.
Skin detoxification can help your body to get rid of waste products, leaving you with better looking and better feeling skin. Signs you may benefit from a skin detox are:
- Dull, sallow skin
- Uneven skin tone
- Oily skin
- Wrinkles and sagging skin
- Dry or sensitive skin
What you do to detox your skin will depend on what type of condition you’re trying to treat and what skin type you have. There are several ways to detox, including:
- Drink more water. It seems simple, but it’s sadly something we all often forget to do. Drinking water helps your body to flush out waste and impurities.
- No more junk food. Well, we all know that’s not going to happen but cutting back on sugar intake is a sure-fire way to reduce breakouts.
- Exfoliating helps to remove dead skin cells and helps to brighten skin complexion. It also helps to keep pores free of impurities. Our Multi-Active Scrub offers a luxurious foaming scrub that is designed to rid skin of imperfections, reduce inflammation, and protect skin from free-radical damage.
- Sweating is the primary way our body rids itself of impurities. Adding exercise into your routine helps to regularly detoxify.
- Mud masks. Mud masks are designed to pull impurities and toxins from your body or face, unclog pores, and rejuvenate skin. Our PhytoMud Pore Minimizing Mask features bentonite clay, which is known for its skin clarifying capabilities.
Our favorite way to detox our skin is the PhytoMud Pore Minimizing Mask because it pulls all the impurities from our skin and leaves our face feeling softer and hydrated. It’s made of bentonite clay and vegetable extracts, and it’s super simple to use. Simply apply in an even layer over the entire face and leave it to dry for 15-20 minutes. Once it’s dry, wash it off and follow with your regular skincare routine. This mask is recommended for use once or twice per week. However, it can also be used as a spot treatment.
“I’ve been using the PhytoMud Pore Minimizing Mask for a few years now, and it has significantly reduced my acne breakouts. The only breakouts I get now are from leaving my makeup on when I go to bed. I use this product as a spot treatment as well, which I’ll leave on overnight on the affected area and remove in the morning. It does not mention its ability to help with eczema, but bentonite clay is recommended in some health stores for this skin condition. I’ve used the Cara Skin Care PhytoMud Pore Minimizing Mask on eczema patches when a flare-up was bad to ease the itchiness. It’s my all time favorite mask, and I always have it on hand!” - Melissa
Do you have a favorite way to detox your skin? Let us know in the comments below. Don’t forget to enter our detox contest on social media to win your own Cara Skin Care detox package. Contest ends March 25, 2018, at midnight.